Imagine sleeping outside in these conditions?
We have been told to expect nighttime temperatures of -8 across northern France early next week, with significant wind chill due to arctic winds.
While we hope the French authorities will keep the cold weather shelters in Calais open this cannot be relied upon and there is not enough space for everyone. We are starting emergency distributions in various locations today. We need to keep people as warm as possible with clothing layered up. We are appealing for the following:
* Volunteers to do additional distributions including trips to Paris and Caen
* Thermals – especially long johns
* Joggers (can be worn under jeans)
* Ski gear (coats and trousers)
* Waterproof trousers
* Bivvy bags to help sleeping bags retain heat
* Gloves, socks, hats and scarves
* Small tents and warm sleeping bags
* Coffee, sugar and hot chocolate to take out every day
* Funds to buy emergency supplies of all the above
Please donate now and share this as much as possible.