On 19 July we will be back in court to determine whether the Government’s Rwanda plan is lawful. This will be an incredibly important case for the future refugee rights in the UK.
– There is compelling evidence, provided by UNHCR, that Rwanda is not a safe country for refugees.
– There is a risk that refugees human rights may be breached in Rwanda.
– It is against international refugee law to penalise refugees for their unlawful arrival in a country.
– UNHCR have provided evidence that asylum seekers will not get a fair hearing in Rwanda.
– The procedure that has been used to decide to send people to Rwanda may not have been fair.
We are currently working with 24 people who have been detained and issued with notices since the last court case, and many of those from last time still remain in detention now. We heard today that the first woman has been detained and issued with a Rwanda notice.
We also understand that a second flight is now being prepared, a source of great fear for all those at risk.
We need your help to show the Government this is not what British people want. Please act now. Here’s what you can do:
1. Download the icon and save it as your profile picture on social media => bit.ly/RWDicon
2. Download or make a #StopRwanda
card and take picture of yourself and/or your friends holding it. Post the pic on your social channels and tag us @care4calais, and send your pic to us [email protected]
3. Buy your t shirt, take a photo, post it on socials, wear it out and about, talk about it and wear it to the demo! => https://bit.ly/RWDtee
4. Make sure you repost any social media posts again on 19 July using the #StopRwanda
hashtag. 19 July is the day we most need to be heard!
When: Tuesday 19 July, 9am to 5pm
Where: Outside the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL