Updated Covid Guidance 16th July 2021
We are seeing high numbers of new Covid cases around the UK. Please follow all precautions possible when undertaking your volunteering.
Your regional lead can provide templates for Covid risk assessments and help you to complete these for your specific activities.
- Distribute outside wherever possible
- Please ensure that at all times face coverings are worn by everyone involved in all activities.
- Please provide sufficient hand sanitiser for use before, after and during activities.
- Please ensure all surfaces and equipment are wiped down before and after all activities.
- Please ensure all donations are quarantined for three day before distribution.
- Please ensure all participants are registered for track and trace purposes.
- Please do everything possible to ensure social distancing on distributions. We understand this is difficult when asylum seekers live together and see themselves as one ‘bubble’ but we do not want anything that we do to cause them harm. The easiest way to ensure distancing is to mark this out on the floor, either using plastic markers or with chalk. Please see images above.
Overall, please do prioritise your own safety and that of those you are helping, but remember that for those of you who are able to get involved, you can make a bigger difference than ever.
We will support you as much as we can. Please get in touch if you have any questions.