URGENT APPEAL: SNOW IN CALAIS
URGENT APPEAL: SNOW
It’s snowing in Calais today and there are over 600 people sleeping outside without adequate clothing, footwear or shelter. They are huddling under bridges and in car parks because everywhere they try to camp the trees are cut down and the police move them on. It’s relentless.
Yesterday I met two boys wearing just jumpers in the freezing cold. They told me their coats were so sodden from the heavy rain they had to take them off to dry, but temperatures are so low that after two days they were still too wet to wear.
We are trying to keep them and many more across Northern France and Belgium warm but we need your help.
We are speaking for:
* Volunteers to do additional distributions
* Thermals – especially long johns
* Joggers (can be worn under jeans)
* Ski gear (coats and trousers)
* Waterproof trousers
* Gloves, socks, hats and scarves
* Small tents and warm sleeping bags
* Coffee, sugar and hot chocolate to take out every day
* Funds to buy emergency supplies of all the above
Please donate now: Care4Calais.org/donate
Please share this as much as possible. Thank you.