Volunteer with us.
We always need dedicated volunteers to:
- Look for those who need our help who are sleeping under bridges and in ditches and in small, muddy camps in the cold.
- Help in the Dunkirk camp with cooking and the women and children’s centre.
- Go to Paris where the situation is desperate and refugees are freezing on the streets.
- Visit CAOs where our friends from Calais are lonely, isolated and not getting the help they need.
- Visit those in detention who are scared and alone.
- Sort and organise our warehouse that makes everything else possible.
- Co-ordinate all the work that is needed now all across France.
We also need charity volunteers in the UK to manage our fantastic back office operation and support with logistics, communications and all else that goes on.
In addition to working with a lovely team of people, we will provide:
- Organisation, making sure you gain experience and help refugees.
- Daily briefings on our operation, health and safety and status updates.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information, advice and support from the team.
- In-country support and advice, emergency support, and social events.
Volunteers in France should have full, comprehensive travel insurance in place before joining us. We will ask you for proof of insurance before you start – without insurance in place we reserve the right to withdraw our offer of a volunteering opportunity.
We strive to spend every penny of our donations on the refugees but charity volunteers are vital to our success. The longer you work with us, the more you can achieve, so if you have the time to volunteer but are limited with funds, then we may be able to assist you with accommodation.
If you are volunteering with us for a month or longer, you’ll need to apply online for a Basic Disclosure. We’ll need to check your certificate (usually provided within 14 days of application) before you can begin. Once you have been with us for two weeks, we will be able to reimburse you for the cost of your application.