Our fantastic UK operation is run entirely by volunteers based in the UK. We are always in need of further help including:
- Logistics management; communication with, and coordination of, our many collection points around the UK; optimisation of most needed donations and our procurement function; management of the logistics of getting donations to and from our three UK hubs; arranging deliveries and transport to and from Calais.
- Drivers, both within the UK and from the UK to Calais.
- Communications with volunteers; management of health and safety; data protection; safeguarding and internal staff management and policies
- Fundraising, research and support, campaigning for refugees’ rights
- Communications and marketing skills; design, social media and copy-writing
- General admin and finance
OR start a Collection Point
If you have some time to devote to helping refugees from the UK, please get in touch with us at Clare@care4calais.org with a brief summary of why you are interested in helping, whether you have any particular experience or skills that you would like to use (i.e. administrative, communications, social media, design etc) and how much time you could offer per week or month. If you have an up to date CV please attach that so we can get an idea of your background. We will then work out the best way you might fit into our team and get back to you with some ideas. There is so much to do – we’d love to have you involved!